The Philippine government encourages the retirement of foreigners in the Philippines. In fact, the Philippine Retirement Authority, in conjunction with the Bureau of Immigration, has developed several types of Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) to accommodate the different types of foreigners.
Please be ready with below forms when applying. Total processing time can take one (1) month.
- PRA application form;
- Government fee of US$1,400 for the principal and US$300.00 for each dependent;
- Original passport with valid entry status;
- Medical examination clearance to be secured abroad (with English translation) duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consular Office. If applicant is already in the Philippines, this can be secured in the PRA One-Stop Shop;
- Bank Certificate of Dollar Time Deposit inwardly remitted to any PRA-accredited bank;
- Police clearance (30 days or less from date of last entry) to be secured from applicant’s country of origin (with English translation) duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consular Office;
- Additional requirement of NBI Clearance for applicants who have stayed in the Philippines more than 30 days from date of last entry. Also applies to spouse and dependents aged 18 years and above;
- Twelve (12) pieces of 2 x 2 photographs;
- If with spouse: marriage certificate translated into English (if necessary) duly authenticated by Philippine Embassy or Consulate nearest the applicant’s residence; and
- If with dependents: original birth certificate of dependents translated into English (if necessary) duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest the applicant’s residence abroad.
Some of the benefits of SRRV are:
- Entitlement to reside in the Philippines permanently;
- Multiple entry privileges;
- Exemption from travel tax;
- One-time tax-free importation of household goods/personal effects worth US$7,000.00;
- Privilege to study in the Philippines; and
- Privilege to work in the Philippines upon issuance of Alien Employment Permit.
We can help you process your application at the fastest possible time.